100 WC …scarlet, annoyed, violin, cushion, watered…

I flushed a bright scarlet red as I plumped down into a cushion, backstage. Hearing my mum saying to break a leg was pressuring. I was almost up. I grabbed my violin and stood trembling by the stage curtains, waiting for my queue. I was called, out I went. I started my tune of Mary had a little lamb. It was going great, until I missed a cord. It was fine, until I missed another one, I was annoyed and upset with myself. My eyes watered as I ran backstage to my mum. ” I’m sorry mum! I’m sorry!” I cried.

100 WC Week #41 …when all of a sudden…

Pearly white clouds danced around the plane as we took off to Rome. My stomach growled as the clouds reminded me of sweet candy-floss. Six hours lay between Rome and I. I sat; both bored and excited. My face lit up like a thousand fire flies as I saw food coming my way.

I was just about to be served when all of a sudden the plane started to rumble and shake. I’ve always been afraid of turbulence after watching plane crashes. I tried to remain calm but that’s when our plane started to plummet down to snowy mountains below.

100 Word Challenge Week #33 …in the flash of lightning I saw…

Heart pounding, mind flashing, limbs trembling. No words could explain the shock I was in. Β In the flash of lightning I saw it. I gasped, shut my eyes and turned away comforting myself by hiding underneath the safeness of my blanket and sheets. I did not dare to think about what I just saw. The floorboards creaked, the cold air of the night drifted up through the cracks. I tossed and turned all night as my sighting crossed my mind.

Dream Holiday

My dream holiday would take me across the Globe to Greece. I want to visit the beaches, swim in the crystal clear waters and explore our oceans that make up over seventy percent of our planet. Where I live, is cold. I want the sun shining on me, I’m sick of sitting at home, bored and shivering each day. I want to escape the normal and experience something more special.

The thought of being there for just five seconds makes me smile. It’s such a unique place. To be honest any where far from cold and dull places would suit me, but Greece would one hundred percent be my first choice. At night I dream about Greece, the smoothly sailing boats and the glamorizing sun. One day I will be there.

Β  Β 

100 WC …but then the weather change dramatically…

My ears pricked as the wolves howled from their mountain thrones. The evening was not warm nor cold. It almost felt as if all my senses were gone, leaving no purpose to move from watching the sun slip away over the horizon. Minutes passed, the sun had set, leaving the sky streaming with lovely pinks and oranges, but then the weather changed dramatically. Droplets of rain trickled down the back of my neck. I ran towards my shelter through the muddy grass and bushes. Once inside, I let the fire’s warmth travel inside me. Once again I felt completely content.

100 WC Week #36 – Inspired By Picture Of A Cream Egg Thing On 100 WC Site

I had to hurry inside before the scorching hot sun melted my creation. I had put all my effort, sweat, tears and time into this. The doors swept open; it was tightly crowded and very busy. I placed my entry down onto the table.

The speakers came on and everybody scrambled to their creations. I flinched as Judge number 6 walked directly towards me. “What have you got here?” She asked. I gulped nervously as I felt eyes on me from all around the room. “Chocolate egg surprise.” I replied. She cut through with her glimmery sharp knife, “Wow!” She exclaimed.

100 Word Challenge Week #32 – Inspired by picture of burger on 100 WC Site

The final contestant, me. My hands trembled as I walked towards the judge’s table. It’s like I’ve been standing here for hours, watching them lift the cloche off. Underneath lay the sparkling gold plate holding the glory of my burger. My eyes held their stare as judge three cut through my chicken patty. It looked perfectly cooked, I let out a sigh of relief. I now felt as if I had a much larger chance of winning, after all there were only five contestants. The winner was announced, contestant five, that was me. I had actually won the burger competition.

100 Word Challenge Week #31 Using Wide, Orange, Crocodile, Within and Collapsed

The fear within me slowly crept out. The sun shone on the wide lake, a stunning orange reflection which somehow made me feel the slightest bit safer. I walked out towards the water. It was black, as black as oil. Something didn’t feel right, it was like someone was watching me. I sat myself on the cold surface of the red rocks. I heard a small movement, crocodiles I thought. I was right. As I stood up to slowly move away, my foot slipped on the rugged surface, I collapsed onto grass. The noise of the crocodiles swimming was gone.

100 Word Challenge Week #30 …I just couldn’t eat something so…

The man seated us straight away. I watched as people walked the dark streets of New York in the pouring rain, at this time of night. Service was slow, Sunday’s were always a popular night here, or at least thats what people say on reviews. Seafood is not something I eat, but I can’t loose this opportunity to the world’s best record label. Our plates arrived. I ordered the calamari rings. Surely I won’t be able to taste the squid if it was deep fried. It was placed in front of me but I just couldn’t eat something so unappetising.

100 Word Challenge Week #29 …the slime dripped through…

I collapsed into the cold cement. Slowly I sunk. It wasn’t that deep, less than a meter. Struggling, sinking and loosing my breath I felt around for something to elevate my foot. Finally, my foot landed onto a large sized rock. As I pressed my weight onto the stone, it broke. The room started shaking although I could not feel it, surrounded in cement. Large cracks formed in the ceiling. Suddenly I felt a big droplet on my head, and that’s when the slime dripped through. Getting covered in slime did not help, how was I going to get out?

1 2 3